Tuesday, November 09, 2010

October 22nd was a special day at our house...it was Arden's first birthday! I think she knew that it wasn't just any regular day because she woke up in a GREAT mood (which she is much more of a morning person than I am). I took the day off of work so we could hang out together (I think a new Shipp family tradition), it was so nice to hang out in our pajamas and not be rushed to work and day care. We ran a few errands and got ready for the little cookout we had that night - this was the night before the 11:00 a.m. Ole Miss game so we kept things low key since everyone was going to the game ;). It was a really fun day overall and as our good family friend asked me "Aren't you glad you are where you are this year instead of where you were last year at this time?" (referring to the 29 hours of labor I had!). Yes, I was definitely glad I wasn't laid up in the hospital bed but I was more happy and proud of our one-year old little girl. I thought her birthday would be more sad but instead I was just so happy because she is at such a fun stage and she is so happy all of the time, she won't let me be sad! It has definitely been a great year and we look forward to many, many more birthdays. (Hint on the pictures -start at the bottom and work up, they are all backwards!)


All finished...can you get me out of here please?

Arden: "What is this you are trying to make me eat and why is everyone watching?"


Arden really wasn't sure about the cupcake, she gave it a try but wasn't really a fan. I feel like that is a good thing!

Eating off of the floor - this was their favorite part of the night :)

Olivia, Ryder, Rowe and Arden playing...look how Arden is so into Olivia, hanging on her every word!

Arden with her "Aunts" - she adores them!!

Arden's buddies - Ryder and Rowe with their dad Roman

Olivia and Arden

Leah Kate and Arden
Uncle Doug and Mary Beth...I love them!


Arden: "Today is my first birthday...I think I like this!"

Happy Birthday Arden!