Monday, April 25, 2011

Yogurt Bath

Arden has really wanted to be independent lately.  It makes me so happy in so many ways and really tests my patience in others.  One thing she is into right now is feeding herself - and I am not talking about feeding herself Goldfish or grapes, I am talking about yogurt and applesauce!  So, we try and embrace it and encourage her and take her straight to the bath when she is finished ;).


{Not a yogurt pic - even though she is holding her yogurt on her way to her highchair - but one day last week I was out of town so Kevin got her ready for school.  She refused to take off her pajama top so he put her dress over it and off she went...here you can see her orange sleeves sticking out!}

{And it begins...we pretty much undress her for this whole thing!}

{The spoon gets boring so her hands go right in the cup!}

{Pouring the yogurt out is much easier!}

{Using both hands to get every little bit she can...or what hasn't dropped on her belly yet!}


{Back to the spoon but what you can't see is she is now using the wrong end of the spoon - and there is no correcting her!}


{Pointing to the Backyardigans on TV}

{All finished!}

{She isn't a fan of the mess in the end but like I said, and you can now see, we go straight to the bath!}

{Not sure you can tell very well but this is what happens to Izzy when she stands under the highchair waiting for food to drop...she has Cheerios stuck all over her back!!}


Things are good here!  The weather is still yucky most days but we are learning to manage.  I met some more neighbors and they are great!  Two of them have daughters around Arden's age so I am hoping we can have lots of play dates!

We ended up having a very uneventful Easter.  Kevin caught a major bug and was sick all weekend so we hung at home.  We talked to the Easter Bunny and he said he would come back when we could get Arden up and outside to hunt eggs so he will be back and we will definitely have pics ;)!

Hugs,
Hillary