Friday, April 08, 2011

Quiet but Happy.

That was the report we got about Arden on her first day of her new school...and we will take it!  She was great!  Neither of us cried when we left each other (probably more of an accomplishment for me!), she napped like she was supposed to and didn't have any issues all day.


{There were many attempts to get a first day of school picture but all I really came up with was her sticking her tongue out...oh well, still pretty cute!}

{Arden: "Is my lunch in here Mom?"}

{On our way!}

Before I left yesterday I was watching Arden look at the other kids (almost with amazement) and one little girl seemed to be fascinated that there was a new kid in the class.  She was so fascinated that she got really close to Arden, definitely in Arden's personal space, so Arden took a step back and the girl took a step forward. Arden took a step back and the girl stepped forward, this went on for a few steps back and forth before Arden bailed and walked off from her completely.  It made me laugh to myself because even at such a young age you can see what she is comfortable with and what she isn't comfortable with and obviously someone new in her face isn't her thing!

I have a feeling she won't stay quiet for long but warms my heart to know that she was happy...at least for day 1 ;).

Hugs,
Hillary