Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Nawlins Y'all

What a way to start the year!  Kevin and I went with my Mom, Dad, Doug and Mary Beth (the munchkin stayed with Kevin's parents...thanks Gran and Poppy!) to New Orleans for a mini-vacation and of course for the Razorback football game.  Arkansas played Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl and despite the outcome of the game...Kevin still wakes up every morning saying "we should have won that game" AND he watched the game again (of course he recorded it) once we were back in town, I couldn't put myself through it again but he said he feels much better after watching and it seeing that we really "overmatched" them ;)... anyways, as I was saying, despite the outcome of the game it was a GREAT time!  I think we are all still feeling the affects of lack of sleep and over-eating but we aren't complaining because we wish we were still there doing it all over again!  We have already said that we will definitely go back next year if our Hogs get another trip to the Crescent City...CAN'T WAIT!


These people amaze me at how still they can be but I think I am more amazed at how perfectly painted up they are!
Kevin and I with Jackson Square in the background
Dad and Mom - great picture!
Kevin and Doug Day 2 - they had never been to New Orleans!!

Waiting to eat at The Camilla Grill in the Garden District.  This was an old school restaurant with barstools and low counters only for seating and the waiters/cooks were pure entertainment.

Speaking of entertainment this was Doug, Kevin and Dad's waiter Marvin...he kept the place loud and laughing!


New Orleans street band...they were GOOD!

Day 3 Game Day - I think the flash was a little bright for him that morning but Doug was never without his game face!

We walked through a cigar shop and watched them hand roll cigars

This little man was a regular at the cigar shop (I didn't ask, I could just tell) but he saw me taking pictures and wanted his taken (again I didn't ask I could just tell with his hand signals)!  We later saw him on Bourbon with his cigar of course :).
 (I was just relieved to know he left the cigar shop every now and then!)

Game Day!!

Sweet MB and I...my brother roaming in the background

Basically in NO you just have to dress up and let people take their picture with you and you can make money.  That is what this lady did, she teaches "cultural New Orleans dances" but I am not sure why she was dressed up like this!

Kevin was so impressed he actually tipped her so he could have his picture made with her!

Mom and I on Game Day
Mom, Dad and I on game day waiting to eat lunch
Football toss for Taco Bell taco hats.  Think Kevin was excited to play?

I took a turn too!  We gave the hats to Derrick and Kristin's twin boys Jackson and Clark for souvenirs.  

Going into the game...GO HOGS!


ESPN stage (it was below us!)...I was impressed with how much they actually watched the game, I figured they had people write their notes for them!


Here come the HOGS!
Wooooooooo PIG SOOIE!